Award Winning Adventure Playground:
Sycamore Adventure has received eight local and national awards since opening in June 2010, in recognition of the outstanding service and facilities that are on offer:
• It has been awarded the Community Recognition accolade in the national Civic Trust Awards, which recognise the very best in architecture, planning, landscape, public art, inclusive design and community engagement. Sycamore Adventure is the first centre in Dudley to receive a Civic Trust Award. The playground was chosen from more than 330 national and international entries in the 2011 awards to receive the community recognition award, which is given to projects that make a positive social, cultural, environmental or economic benefit to the local community.
• It has received Mencap’s prestigious me2 award which recognises Services that are inclusive. As part of the award scheme, a panel of disabled children and young people audited the centre against specific inclusion standards and found it to be extremely welcoming to all children. Sycamore Adventure is the first ever adventure playground to receive the award. The award recognises inclusive design, inclusive policy, supportive staff team and the overall inclusive ethos of the centre.
• It has received “Playwork Team Award” at the second annual National Playwork Awards. Sycamore Adventure is the first team to receive this award in Dudley. The Playwork Team Award recognises staff teams that are well trained, that provide an inclusive service, that are passionate about play and those who are making significant steps towards improving play opportunities for children and young people in a geographical area.
> It has won 2014 "Outstanding Playwork Provision" at the fifth National Playwork Awards. The award recognises the very best in play settings; where children are free to follow their own interests, in their own time, for their own reasons, with the support of trained playworkers who's purpose is to provide an environment and atmosphere where children can access a broad and varied play menu.
• It has received a Dudley Volunteering Award at the DCVS award ceremony 2012 in recognition of the fantastic team of volunteers that support the service. Sycamore Adventure is supported by 25 volunteers.
• It has received a Gold Dudley Food for Health Award in recognition of healthy cooking practice and healthy options available in the playground cafe. As part of the award scheme, the centre was required to review cooking methods, review ingredients selected and introduce new items to the menu to increase healthy options at the Sycamore Cafe. In addition, the cafe received a 5 star rating (excellent) by Dudley “Scoors on the Doors” who inspect food hygiene practice in the borough.
• The adventure playground has been recognised by Dudley Breastfeeding Welcome Award, promoting services which welcome and encourage breastfeeding within their centre.
Sycamore Adventure has also recieved a Dudley Young Volunteers Award in recognition of the support provided by volunteers aged 16 - 19.
In addition, Sycamore Adventure has recieved a certificate from The Mayors Civic Awards 2012, in recognition of the service that is provided for Dudley Children.